YES! WE ARE HIRING!
Who are we?
We are one of YYC's only natural pet food stores with a commercial bakery, just for pets. We have a few locations around the city (your homework to find out where) and are looking for an individual or individuals that have a TRUE passion about animals. Not just that you like them, but you essentially want to know everything about them and how to make their lives better! Pets deserve pretty things, so please don't come with the attitude that it's "just a dog cookie." There is no such thing! They may lick their butts, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't love an Instagram worthy treat. We aim to educate pet parents on animal welfare with a TON of different wonderful products, while making fun things for them like cakes and ice cream! Our team is made up of a group of "eclectic" individuals and we are looking to expand our BAPT team.
This is important, so listen up! What are we looking for?
We are looking for an individual that can mesh with our crazy vibes. Work should be both fun and educational - we are a pet bakery after all! We are all over the city and always looking for new opportunities, if you have your own form of transportation that would be ideal. If you are happy and willing to work during weekdays even better! We have different shifts available, however they are typically 8 hours with our days ending at 8pm. Excellent customer service is a given, grumps need not apply. We are a bakery, therefore comfortability in a kitchen setting is required. You will be required to make cakes and cookies with pet friendly ingredients. If you can't stomach liver milkshakes, this may not be the job for you. If product training is not your forte, run. A desire to learn is essential as we have an overwhelming amount of products (that is forever evolving) for you to learn about and educate our customers about. We prefer to not have to monitor your every move, so an ability to work independently, remain on schedule and on-task, and to properly manage your time and priorities throughout the day with minimal supervision is required. We are always open to merchandising and marketing suggestions. Social media is our Achilles heel, if you have tips and tricks, we must chat. Experience in IG worthy pictures, Tik Toks and/or reels? Show us, help us, talk to us! Fit is more important than skill, so please let your personality shine.
That all sounds great - what's next?
We get hundreds, if not thousands of resumes and yes our hiring team looks at each and every single one! So please - make yours different and stand out! How? It's simple - tell us about you and why you would want to join our team! Sorry, we don't mean to disappoint, but we only have a limited number of positions available. So if at first you don't succeed, try, try again (with some changes to your application process).
The technical stuff.
You must be able to lift 50lb. We move a lot of stuff around the store and for customers.....A LOT. Retail experience would be an asset, however, training will be provided. Lots of it, so be prepared. In addition to your hourly wages, we offer staff discounts and a staff pet feeding program.
Where/when/how/what are you looking to hire?Pet Food & Treat Specialist - Location: Bowness & Britannia
- 24-32 hours available.
Loves pets and willing to help customers
Upbeat and positive
Animal nutrition knowledge an asset
Social Media & Pet Food Specialist - Location: All
- proven ability using and appearing on all social media platforms and our website
- assisting with our social media content
- weekly photoshoots and video footage required
- familiarity with pet products an asset
- prepping and staging photoshoots
- tik tok and reel experience considered an asset
- photoshoot ready for shifts
- has own vehicle and be willing to travel between store/event locations
- weekday availability - with some weekends required
- coordinating and organizing staff and company events and/or partnerships
- this is not a summer position it will continue year round
- pet product knowledge an asset
- store shifts are a requirement. Retail to social media ration will be be 30/70.
- 24-32 hours available
Groomer & Sales Position - Location: Britannia
We have a unique opportunity open to bath & bathers and groomers. We are looking to add positive and professional Grooming and Bathing staff to our team who are seeking to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- 16-25 hours available - combination of grooming and retail
- handle pets with patience, love and care under pressure
- familiarity with pet products an asset
- candidates have a background in Animal Grooming/bathing either from work experience or education- a minimum of 1 years combined experience is preferred. References and portfolio are required.
- are friendly, approachable, professional and energetic
- demonstrate a safety-first approach ensuring that staff and guest safety is top priority in any service being provided.
- be willing to provide services to dogs of all breeds and sizes
- specialized grooming utilizing techniques which vary depending on type of hair, coat, breed and owner instructions
- adaptability and customer focused
- Sunday & Monday availability a must
We are ONLY accepting resumes via email. Please do not call or walk in applications - they get lost and we will not get these! While we appreciate all interested applicant submissions, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
If you have made it to then end of this post, we thank you for your time! We look forward to your seeing your resumes WITH intros/cover letters to email@example.com. Good luck!